Friday, June 29, 2012

Those Little Moments...


Our second son, our little "monkey" Logan, is over two months old already! Becoming a mom for the second time has made me realize how little recording and "memory keeping" I did the first time around with our older "munchkin" Aedan. As we have enjoyed Logan's first smiles and coos, I have wanted so much to be able to compare them to those of Aedan... How old was he exactly? What solicited those first little grins? How often did they happen? Alas, I was far too busy enjoying my baby and living in the moment to record such details. Obviously, this time around I am in grave danger of falling into the same trap since Logan is quickly approaching the quarter-year mark without so much as a baby book entry from me. While I certainly don't want to stop living in the moment and enjoying my precious boys, I also want them and I to be able to look back on these moments after the years of sleepless nights has all but erased them from our memories. Just as important, I want our friends and families who aren't around

Sooo... I am going to give this blogging thing one last try. I have a few entries from when Aedan was little, but I never succeeded in making the writing a habit. I'm hoping that by developing a routine, I will be able to keep myself accountable and manage to log a few more of our magical memories.

A quick update for those who may have fallen behind...

 AEDAN, our munchkin, just turned five. Much to my dismay, he graduated from Wildewood Preschool this May (where he has been since he was seven weeks old, down the hall from my mom!) and will be starting kindergarten at a Montessori school this fall. In preparation for this, we have been homeschooling with Aedan since February as well. He is reading quite well and doing basic math. As always, his critical thinking and reasoning skills amaze us on a daily basis. Some of his current favorite things include legos, space, oceanography, and Magic Tree House books.



LOGAN, our little monkey, was born on April 12th and is now twelve weeks old. This picture captures him at his best perfectly. When he is comfortable, Logan is a smiley baby who likes to watch the world (and especially himself in the mirror!) Unfortunately, comfort has not been an easy thing for our sweet little man. Logan was born with a mild club foot on his right side. To correct this, he had a series of five different casts and a minor surgery called a tenotomy to release the Achilles. Logan's foot is now back to "normal" but he will be in a brace full-time for 3 months and at night for several years in order to prevent recurrence.  Some of Logan's current favorite things include Mommy, his piano play-mat, mirrors, and ceiling fans.



MATT is a charge nurse in IMU, currently working a crazy amount of overtime as he juggles his basic job with opening a new hospital unit, getting certified as an ACLS instructor, picking up extra shifts back in the ICU, and otherwise making himself indispensable. At home, he is happy to be passing on his passion for legos, science, and random trivia to Aedan along with membership into the Arsenal and Dynamo fandoms.



LAUREN (me) I finally graduated with my MA in Theatre last December from UH. I am getting ready to start my eighth year teaching and my sixth at my old intermediate school. This will be my second as department-head and I am loving the privilege of getting to direct my STARS. At home, I have re-discovered how much fun early childhood education (my undergrad degree)  can be as I've been homeschooling Aedan and how much fun having a new baby can be as I've enjoyed my smiley Logan.


Welcome to all our family and friends (old and new)!
Hopefully I will continue to provide you with reading material 
in the weeks, months, and years to come... (fingers crossed for myself!)

No comments:

Post a Comment