Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July/Elimination Diet Day #2

HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!

We decided to keep things really low-key around here. We thought Matt was going to have to work (Even though he ended up on call) and between that and everything with Logan, we just weren't up for a big party this year. Instead, my parents came over for lunch and the four of us did a few fireworks ridiculous amount of pyromaniac play. Well... Logan and I watched a few fireworks before the mosquitoes and loud sounds chased us inside. Matt and Aedan played for considerably longer!

The boys enjoying play-time and decorating the cookies Nonna brought (which I couldn't eat :-():



Fireworks and Glow Sticks:
 Aedan says "Ladies and Gentlemen, the moment we've all been waiting for... It's Fireworks time!" - so cute!!!!



ELIMINATION DIET DAY #2:

Definitely craving DESSERT today. Baked pears just don't really do it for me :-( Otherwise, though, things are good. Logan only had a couple of fussy periods today, diapers seem more normal, and generally this is already seeming to be worth the hassle.

Today I ate...

Breakfast: another baked potato. I'm going to try the rice cereal eventually, but this sounded yummy.
Lunch: Turkey burger (well...the meat anyway...) and chips. It was decent but nothing special. 
Dinner: Fried Turkey Nuggets... YUM!!!! Super easy - I just dipped chunks of turkey breast cutlet (still don't know how that differs from tenderloin by the way...) into rice milk then tossed in rice flour and fried in canola oil. They were delicious!


Snacks: rice pasta with olive oil and rosemary (since the turkey I bought contains a small amount of rosemary anyway, I thought I might as well enjoy it as a seasoning, too!), rice cakes, chips

I am definitely beginning to realize that this could be a looong two weeks. I really, REALLY just want a cookie.... or even just a lick of icing... but a happier baby and more turkey nuggets might make things better :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment